Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May 2016 City of Ember

This month it was harder to sit down and read. School for me ends tomorrow so I am taking home my stacks of books and I'm getting excited for the summer reading program. I signed up yesterday and made sure that I had my library card ready! I hope you are having a great summer so far! Keep reading!

I reread The City of Ember during my evening reading times. I love the story. Hundreds of years ago the Builders created the city of Ember, but lately something has happened and the lights keep going out and the food for the community is running out. Doon and Lina find scraps of an ancient parchment with a puzzle. As they start to decipher the puzzles they find that the Builders may have left behind a plan for a new future for the City. How can they get the citizens of Ember to listen before it's too late?

No comments:

Post a Comment